Michael Gerne, PA-C
CERTIFIED PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT
Mike Gerne has been a NCCPA certified Physician Assistant (PA-C) since 2000. He earned his Masters degree as a Physician Assistant from the University of Medicine and Dentistry/Seton Hall University. During his career he has worked extensively in both the fields of orthopedic surgery and family/general medicine.
He spent 9 years working at an academic orthopedics practice and Level 1 trauma center. As a member of the Sports Medicine Division at University Hospital/New Jersey Medical School, he worked with Dr. Robin Gehrmann providing surgical and nonoperative care for patients with complex trauma, sports related injuries, and other common musculoskeletal conditions in a variety of settings.
Mike also has a strong background in primary care medicine and has practiced in both internal medicine at University Hospital and family practice in Saddle Brook, NJ. His experience in general medicine gives him a well-rounded understanding of the needs and concerns of all his patients.
He stays active with interests in cycling, snowboarding and running. He has completed marathons, including the New York City Marathon. He is a proud father of 4 beautiful children and enjoys spending time with his wife and family.
- Undergraduate: William Paterson University, Wayne, New Jersey
- Physician Assisstant School: University of Medicine and Dentistry/Seton Hall University, South Orange, New Jersey
- St. Joseph’s Medical Center, Paterson Surgical PA-C
- St. Joseph’s Medical Center, Wayne Surgical PA-C
- Overlook Medical Center, Summit Surgical PC-C